Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 16: Wind in my sails!

Some news I'm very excited to share is that a reader of this blog felt compelled to donate $5,000 toward my goal! This is a huge step forward--bringing our total way up to 13 scholarships now funded! And we lack just $85 to reach the 14th scholarship! I feel a boost of wind in my sails that I really needed. This is what makes this challenge so worth it to me--together, we're gaining awareness for an important cause, and children's lives will be forever changed!

I'm asking you to consider chipping in $5, $10 or $15 to help us knock out this $85! Please follow this link to give whatever you can afford toward rescuing another child from child labor, to give her a bright future full of hope! Thank you so much for your support.

I'm dedicating day 16 to this boy who takes care of his little brother while his parents are away seeking day labor jobs. I met him in the Thapathali colony of Kathmandu, where we're in the process of starting a new Children's Hope Center. I really believe that with your help, he and his little brother will have a chance at a bright future through our program.


Here's what I was able to cook up today, using just $1 worth of ingredients...

Breakfast. Re-fried beans & rice with scrambled egg, breakfast taco.


Lunch. It was "bonus egg day" (with 48 eggs, I get an extra egg almost every other day during the 30 days), so I made egg fried rice with carrots and cabbage. ▼


Dinner. I'm really getting some mileage out of the Vegetarian Texas Chili I previously wrote about. This is a new variation with ramen noodles. Good stuff. Unbelievably inexpensive, maybe around 25 cents to make. ▼


Take Action!

1) Please consider giving toward scholarships for children of the slums. Our goal is to cover a scholarship for 20 kids to get an education this next year. Every little bit helps!

2) Please visit my unofficial sponsor, Amazon.com through this link. 7% of your purchases made through the link are given to Peace Gospel. If you're in the UK, use this link.


3) If you're compelled by my effort here, please share it with friends. One of the main goals is awareness. So if you can help with that, huge.

4) Leave me feedback. Please comment on this post, especially if you have any ideas about what I should try to cook with these ingredients I have available. I love hearing from you! It really helps!

1 comment: